If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, April 26, 2010

Stir fried tofu with red cherry tomatoes

Saw this dish in a travel show, tried to cook this dish at home and I have been cooked this dish for several times, love the flavours of sour, sweet and salty. I would say this is a vegetarian version of a dish that I cooked earlier- 4321 Fragrant garlic belly pork.

IMG_7930 1



IMG_7922

-firm tofu and red cherry tomatoes


-deep fry firm tofu pieces

-stir fry red cherry tomatoes


-mix well all ingredients



Stir fried tofu with red cherry tomatoes
(printable recipe)

Ingredients
4 firm tofu (beancurd), cut 1 piece tofu into 8 small square pieces.
250g red cherry tomatoes
2 stalks spring onion, cut 1” in length
3 slices of young ginger
2 cloves of garlic, chopped

Seasoning
1tbsp light brown sugar
2tbsp light soy sauce
1 and ½ tbsp rice vinegar
1tsp Chinese rice wine
A pinch of salt to taste

1. Deep fry firm tofu in hot oil till golden brown, set aside.
2. Add red cherry tomatoes in the remaining oil, stir fry for 1-2mins.
3. Add in ginger slices and chopped garlic, mix well.
4. Add in brown sugar, stir fry for 1min.
5. Pour in the fried tofu, mix well.
6. Season with light soy sauce, vinegar, rice wine and salt.
7. Cook till sauce slightly thicken, add in spring onion, dish out.
8. Serve hot.
IMG_7919 1
Happy Cooking !!!

35 comments:

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Mmm...the crisp tofu and the sweet tang from the cherry tomatoes. :) Yum!

Colin Woon said...

Yum yum! Step by step photos too! Good job Sonia!

ann low said...

Yummy! Such a nutritious and healthy!

Lazaro Cooks said...

Wondrful tofu dish. Great flavors there. Cheers!

Pete said...

Nice tofu dish, can try this weekend!

chow and chatter said...

oh this looks delicious

Bo said...

I will try this...it looks delicious!

Yee Er said...

Love this sweet and sour dish, will try this for my little one. she lovesss tofu.

苏联妈妈 said...

i love the way u cooked the tofu...yummy

PranisKitchen said...

stir fried tofu..looks delicious the red cherry tomatoes give a nice flavor to it..
Very well explained and nice pics ..liked it.
u know today i prepared the stir fry chicken wraps..same pinch :))

ReeseKitchen said...

Delicious tofu...must try..:)

Blessed Homemaker said...

Absolutely delicious!

Quinn said...

You cook very well Sonia. I like the dish, I basically love anything with tofu in it. It's bland and can absorb flavour well!

My Little Things Corner said...

So nice the fried tofu! Looks yummy le.
I like tomato so much, i use it to cook Tomato Mee too!

Rachel Hei said...

This tofu is just simply delicious..yummy!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to haver on of those can i? :D It looks so tasty~

divya said...

Wow..it looks very delicious... and yummy...

Bakeling said...

Never try beancurd + tomatoes with chinese rice wine before . There are ginger slices too !合晒我口味 !

TINTIN said...

I think both my daughters will love this. They love beancurd dish a lot. Thanks for the recipe!

Shandy said...

oh YUM! How pretty and the dish looks delicious!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is a very beautiful dish and your step-by-step instructions are wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

taste traveller said...

Your tofu looks wonderful, Sonia. Yum!

MaryMoh said...

A beautiful vegetarian dish...mmmm

Namitha said...

simply delicious..I love tofu ..

Cheah said...

A light and nutritious dish. You really can concot well, Sonia!

tigerfish said...

I like such a dish but admit I don't do it at home cos of the deep-frying of the tofu first before stir-frying...me lazy.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I come to help myself, kakaka...

3 hungry tummies said...

This is so flavoursome! I will make this the next time I get some good tomatoes!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Easy and healthy, even only my family eat tomatoes! I have no idea why none of them like tomato.

Reeni said...

What delicious tofu! And lovely flavors! I love it with the cherry tomatoes!

Preety said...

really colorful and healthy dish

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Dear all, Thanks for stopping by, do try out this healthy and yet yummy simple dish, you will love it!

petite nyonya said...

I like adding cherry tomatoes to my dishes too. Simple but flavorful!

Pei-Lin said...

Hey, this is definitely a paragon of home cooking! Simple and delish! Ya know what, I don't buy deep-fried tofu too when I need it because I love deep frying tofu on my own. I think this habit was formed during my college days in the U.S. We craved for deep-fried tofu, so we gotta make it on our own! Hahaha!

My Little Space said...

I love this kind of cooking style for tofu! Simply delicious with rice. Should make some next week. Thanks for reminding me!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin