If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Crepes with passion fruit sauce 百香果蜜汁可丽饼


The other day my sister sent me few home grown passion fruits. First I used few fruits to make the orange and passion fruit gateau. The balance I used to make this crepes with passion fruit sauce. I eaten a similar crepes in a café at Ho Chi Minh five years ago, can't forgot the nice taste.






Crepes with passion fruit sauce 百香果蜜汁可丽饼 

To make Passion fruit sauce
4 passion fruit, remove the flesh
1/2tbsp sugar
1tbsp water
1/2tbsp corn starch + 1tbsp water 

Method

  1. Mix passion fruit flesh, sugar and water in a saucepan, bring the mixture to boil, and cook for 2-3mins.
  2. Add corn starch with water, then pour into mixture to thicken the sauce. Keep aside to cool.

 

To make crepe batter
3 eggs (A size)
200ml milk
1tbsp sugar
A pinch of salt
1/2cup plain flour (75g) 

Method
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together. Strain it through a fine sieve or metal strainer, to ensure there's no lumps in the batter.
2. Heat a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
3. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. 

To serve- place crepe on a serving plate, pour passion fruit sauce on top, place some fruits on top (banana, mango & etc) and also serve aside with cream or vanilla ice-cream. 

Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover

 
Next time, I must remember to remove the passion fruit seeds, feel not so nice when bite the seeds.. 

This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My little favourite DIY, hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House.

Photobucket

23 comments:

Joceline Lor said...

酸酸甜甜会开胃哦!
百香果的种子会咬累牙齿的。我每次用来吞而已。

PH said...

Sedapnya! Looks beautiful also :)

Mel said...

Crepes are my usual breakfast and of course I love with fresh fruits to go with it.

Kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, great combination. Crepe with passion fruits - yummy!

向日葵葵 ~ Sunflower Grace said...

Tempted to eat, it looks so nice.
I like passion fruits too.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

How nice if i were your neighbour...

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

nice presentation, super like.

Karen said...

甜甜酸酸的组合很赞哦。。

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

I also don't like the passion fruit seeds, hehe. Eating the crepe with passion fruit sauce must be very yummy!

Victoria Bakes said...

I love your nice thin looking crepe.... A single portion like that works best for me

Ling yuen chin said...

想吃哦!开胃。

Cecilia Yap said...

Crepes with Passion Fruit Sauce taste very yummy...i liked the sour sweet taste..

Min said...

I love passion fruit, it's so refreshing, but it's hard to get it here..I remember I've some nice one in ChiangMai :)

Lite Home Bake said...

Would be nice to have this for dessert :)

lena said...

i actually like biting into those seeds..hehe..

Bakericious said...

This is so appetizing, I like anything with passion fruits.

Sissi said...

Home-grown passion fruits sound heavenly... I have been recently looking for a recipe to use some passion fruits I bought almost in bulk (special price), but would have never thought of crêpes. Fantastic idea!

Esther Lau said...

Oh...Simply beautiful and delicious :)

Baking Taitai said...

Sonia, your crepes looks good, shall try to make this for my kids' breakfast. They don't like passionfruit, will add caramelised bananas instead! :)

QembarDelites said...

Looks delicious! I know I will love it! Make for lunch perhaps, breakfast too lazy!:P

Alice said...

so good! its been awhile since the last time I ate crepes.. *slurp*

Amy Cheong, Desirablerecipes said...

Great for breakfast or snacks.

Ana Regalado said...

Don't like passion fruit though I've been thinking of making passion fruit ice cream :P :D The crepes and passion fruit pairing sounds delish , Sonia !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin